Our Board of Directors
MediaFile Publishing, Inc. is the parent publishing company of MediaFile, as incorporated with the District of Columbia. MediaFile Publishing, Inc. is a pending 501(c)(3) independent non-profit organization.
MediaFile Publishing, Inc. is governed by a Board of Directors who weigh in on the editorial and business direction of MediaFile. The Board of Directors is nominated by the Editor-in-Chief and confirmed by the full Executive Board (the Editorial Board and Business Team). The Editor-in-Chief presides over the Board of Directors, and four voting Members are drawn from the following categories: two alumni of The George Washington University, one current professor at The George Washington University School of Media and Public Affairs, and one section editor of MediaFile. The Business Director serves on the Board in a non-voting capacity.
Thus, the 2017-2018 Board of Directors is as follows:
- Anders Gyllenhaal – Vice President of News & Washington Editor, The McClatchy Company
- Scott Nover – President of the Board, MediaFile
- Clare Hymes – Board Member, MediaFile
- Julia Arciga – Board Member, MediaFile
- Talia Balakirsky – Board Member, MediaFile
- Rob Cline – Editor in Chief, MediaFile
- Caroline Corbett – Deputy Editor in Chief, MediaFile
- Julian Strachan – Business Director, MediaFile (non-voting)